Academician RAS (since May 29)
Director of Research
Institute of Russian Literature
(Pushkin House), Russian Academy of Sciences,
Department of New Russian Literature.
Head of the Dissertation Counsel, IRL RAS
Education: graduated from A.A. Zhdanov State University (1971)
PhD thesis: Briusov and Literary Trends of the 1900s: On Briusov’s Role in the Self-Identification of Russian Symbolism (1985)
Dsc (Habil.) thesis:
Andrey Bely in the 1900s. Life and Literary Work (1995)
Research interests: history of New Russian Literature, textology, source studies.
Member of the Editorial Board of the following series of RAS: “Literary Monuments,” “Literary Heritage,” “Contemporary Russian Studies,” “New Poet’s Library,” Complete Works and Letters by Alexander Blok,” biographic guide “Russian Writers. 1800–1917.”
Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Russkaya literatura
Member of the Editorial Board of the journal New Literary Observer
Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Die Welt der Slaven
Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Literaturny fakt
Awards and distinctions
2007 — А.S. Pushkin Award for the monograph Russian Symbolists. Essays and Discoveries.
2008 — Andrey Bely Award in “Humanitarian Studies” nomination
Academic publications — over 530 publications, including 6 monographs.
- Symbolists and Others. Essays. Discoveries. Materials. Мoscow: New Literary Observer, 2015. In Russ.
- Аndrey Bely. Discoveries and Essays. Мoscow: New Literary Observer, 2007. In Russ.
- Russian Symbolists. Essays and Discoveries. Moscow: Progress-Pleyada, 2007. In Russ.
- Symbolists Zoomed in. St. Petersburg: Skifia, 2004. (Co-authored with S.S. Grechishkin). In Russ.
- Essays on Blok. St. Petersburg: Ivan Limbakh Publ., 2000. In Russ.
- Аndrey Bely in the 1900s. Life and Literary Work. Мoscow: New Literary Observer Publ., 1995. In Russ.
- “How Korney Tchukovsky Escaped Political Imprisonment (on the history of the journal Signal).” Russkaya literatura. 2016, no 2. P. 124–140. In Russ.
- “Аndrey Bely Approaching Tolstoy.” Russkaya literatura. 2016, no 3. P. 47–58. In Russ.
- “Problems of Academic Editions of the Classical Works in Russian Literature.” Herald of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2011, vol. 81, no 6. P. 582–590. In Russ.
- “Ivan Konevskoy as a Polemist.” Russkaya Literatura. 2008, no 1. P. 211–221. In Russ.
- “Аndrey Bely and Ellis. On the Aims of Musaget.” Russian literature. 2005, vol. 58, no 1–2. P. 93–107. In Russ.