Professor of Russian language and literature at the Department of Foreign Languages and Literature, University of Pisa
Research interests: history and theory of Russian verse, eighteenth-century Russian literature, Russian poesy of the nineteenth – beginning of the twentieth century, literary and cultural ties between Italy and Russia, history of Russian Émigré literature.
Director of the Russian Center of the University of Pisa (2011-2021)
1999–2009 — president of the Italian Slavists Association
Member of the International Committee of Slavists
Member of the Executive Committee of the International Counsel for the Study of Central and Eastern Europe (ICCEES)
Coordinator of Italian delegations at international Slavic Studies congresses in Ljubljana (2003) and Ocrida (2008)
Organizer of international congresses of Italian Slavist (Forlì 2001, Udine 2006)
Member of the literary juries: International literary award “Russia-Italy in Centuries” (Rome, 2007–2008) and Premium Maxim Gorky (Capri, 2009)
Member of the Consulting Board of the journals Slavonica (UK) and Filolog (Russia)
Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Poesia Russa (Italy)
Member of the Editorial Borad of the Studia Litterarum (Мoscow)
Counsel of the publishing houses “Аletei” (St. Petersburg) and “Vodolei” (Моscow)
Founder of the new series on contemporary Russian literature in Italy, series on immigrant poetry “‘Russian Italy’ in Moscow.”
Awards and distinctions
Premio per la traduzione letteraria. Ministero della Stampa. Federazione Russa (2011)
Medal “To the Glory of the Fatherland” (2014)
Premio Voci d’Europa. Premio Internazionale Alpi Apuane (2016)
Medal “Alexander Pushkin” (2007)
Winner of the literary prize “Globus” (2011)
Academic publications — over 500 publications (in Italian, Russian, English, French, and Lithuanian) including monographs and translations from Russian.
- 2011 un anno di letture sulla Russia. Pisa: Tipografia Editrice Pisana, 2013. In Italian
- The Fragments of the Russian Italy: Studies and Materials. Moscow, Russky Put’ Publ., 2011. Book 1. In Russ.
- Essays on Twentieth-Century Russian Poetry and Culture. Мoscow, Vodolei Publ., 2006. In Russ.
- Gli orizzonti della creazione. Studi e schede di letteratura russa. Editore Pàtron collana Dip. Lingue e lett. str. mod.-Univ. Bo, 1992. In Italian
- “On Poetry of Vasiliy Borodin. A Bibliographical Review.” Uchenye zapiski Novgorodskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, no. 1 (40), 2022, pp. 30–35. DOI: 10.34680/2411-7951.2022.1(40).30-35. In Russ.
- “Konstantin Bolshakov and Vadim Bayan. A Few Touches on the Topic.” Novoe literaturnoe obozrenie, no. 3 (169), 2021, pp. 245–252. In Russ.
- “Nikolai Vsevolodovich Kotrelev (February 21, 1941 – July 25, 2021).” Filosoficheskie pis'ma. Russko-evropeiskii dialog, vol. 4, no. 3, 2021, pp. 248–255. In Russ.
- “Notes on Lidia Pasternak's Russian Literary Relations in the 1920s–1930s.” New about Pasternaks. Proceedings of the 2015 Pasternakov Conference at Stanford. Moscow, 2017, pp. 421–431. (Co-authored with Fyodor Polyakov). In Russ.
- “Italy of Afanasy Fet: Materials to the Theme.” Russia – West – East. Literary and Cultural Ties. St. Petersburg, Institute of Russian Literature (Pushkin House) Publ., 2014, pp. 65–74. In Russ.
- “Metrical Experiences of S.P. Shevyrev and Russian Poem of Romantic Time.” Philologica, vol. 9, no. 21/23, 2012, pp. 145–169. In Russ.
- “1910: Hundred Years Ago Italy Was Mourning Leo Tolstoy.” Rodina, no. 4, 2011, p. 130. In Russ.
- “Notes on the Poetry of Viktor Gofman.” From Kibirov to Pushkin: Collection in Honor of the 60year Anniversary of Nikolay A. Bogomolov. Moscow, Novoe literaturnoe obozrenie Publ., 2011. In Russ.
- “Florence in the Work of Immigrant Poets in Italy. Sketches to the Theme.” “Characters in Search of the Author”: The Life of Russians in Twentieth-Century Italy. Moscow, Russky Put’ Publ., 2011. In Russ.