Director of the V.I. Dahl State Museum of Russian Literary History (State Literary Museum), professor of the Russian State University for the Humanities
Education: Philology Department of Chenigovsky State University (Chernovtsy, Ukraine, 1983)
PhD thesis: Artistic Reflection in Literature: Structure and Function (IWL RAS, 1991)
Research interests: history of classical Russian literature and literary history contemporary Russian poetry and fiction, history of education in Russsia, the work of Arseny Tarkovsky.
Member of the Writers’ Union (since 1995)
Member of the Journalists' Union (sicnce1997)
Full member of the Academy of Russian Modern Literature (vice-president in 2000–2001)
Member of the American Association for the Advancement of Slavic Studies (AAASS)
Member of the jury for literary awards: Apollon Grigoriev award (2001), Russian national award “Poet” (since 2005), “Russian Booker” (2006) etc.
Academic publications — over 250 publications, including 1 monograph.
History and Theory of Artistic Self-Awareness: Artistic Reflection in Literature. Kemerovo: Kemerovo State University Press, 1992. In Russ.
- “The Project of Encyclopedia Literary Museums of Russia and New Algorithms for the Network of Russian Literary Museums.” Dialog so vremenem. 2015, no 52. P. 223–226. In Russ.
- “Literary History and Literary Museum: Laws of Development” in The Role of Museums in Information Support of History Studies. E.A. Vorontsova, L.I. Borodkin, A.D. Yanovsky. Moscow, 2015. P. 487–492. In Russ.
- “Literary Studies as Provocation of Reading: Is There the Author in Literary History?” Novoe literaturnoe obozrenie. 2003, no 59. P. 6. In Russ.
- “Ivan Goncharov in Contemporary Studies.” 1996, no 17. P. 364–369. In Russ.
- “Life-long childhood”: Poetry and Truth of Igor Melamed in Melamed I. The Seraph’s Harp. Poems and Translations. Moscow: OGI Publ., 2015. P. 5–27. In Russ.
Since 1991 teaches at the Russian State University for the Humanities, is Head of the Department of the History of Modern Russian Literature