Professor of Russian language and literature at the Department of Foreign Languages and Literature, University of Pisa
Research interests: history and theory of Russian verse, eighteenth-century Russian literature, Russian poesy of the nineteenth – beginning of the twentieth century, literary and cultural ties between Italy and Russia, history of Russian Émigré literature.
1999–2009 — president of the Italian Slavists Association
Member of the International Committee of Slavists
Member of the Executive Committee of the International Counsel for the Study of Central and Eastern Europe (ICCEES)
Coordinator of Italian delegations at international Slavic Studies congresses in Ljubljana (2003) and Ocrida (2008)
Organizer of international congresses of Italian Slavist (Forlì 2001, Udine 2006)
Member of the literary juries: International literary award “Russia-Italy in Centuries” (Rome, 2007–2008) and Premium Maxim Gorky (Capri, 2009)
Member of the Consulting Board of the journals Slavonica (UK) and Filolog (Russia)
Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Poesia Russa (Italy).
Member of the Editorial Borad of the Studia Litterarum (Мoscow)
Counsel of the publishing houses “Аletei” (St. Petersburg) and “Vodolei” (Моscow)
Founder of the new series on contemporary Russian literature in Italy, series on immigrant poetry “‘Russian Italy’ in Moscow”
Awards and distinctions
Medal “Alexander Pushkin” (2007)
Winner of the literary prize “Globus” (2011)
Academic publications — over 300 publications (in Italian, Russian, English, French, and Lithuanian) including monographs and translations from Russian.
- 2011 un anno di letture sulla Russia. Pisa: Tipografia Editrice Pisana, 2013. In Italian.
- The Fragments of the Russian Italy: Studies and Materials. Book 1. Co-authored with Bianca Sulpasso. Moscow: Russky Put’s Publ., 2011. In Russ.
- Essays on Twentieth-Century Russian Poetry and Culture. Мoscow: Vodolei, 2006. In Russ.
- Gli orizzonti della creazione. Studi e schede di letteratura russa. Editore Pàtron collana Dip. Lingue e lett. str. mod.-Univ. Bo, 1992. In Italian.
- “The Chronicle of the Sick Time: On the Biography of Georgy Eristov.” 2014–2015. Vol. 10. Р. 77–80. (co-authored with S.F. Polyakov) In Russ.
- “Italy of Afanasy Fet”: Materials to the Theme” in Russia – West – East. Literary and Cultural Ties. Petersburg: Institute of Russian Literature (Pushkin House), 2014. P. 65–74. In Russ.
- “Metrical Experiences of S. P. Shevyrev and Russian Poem of Romantic Time.” 2012. Vol. 9, no 21/23. P. 145–169. In Russ.
- “1910: Hundred Years Ago Italy Was Mourning Leo Tolstoy.” Rodina. 2011, no 4. P. 130. In Russ.
- “Notes on the Poetry of Viktor Gofman” in From Kibirov to Pushkin: Collection in Honor of the 60year Anniversary of Nikolay A. Bogomolov. Eds. Aleksandr Lavrov, Oleg Lekmanov. Moscow: Novoe literaturnoe obozrenie, 2011. In Russ.
- “Florence in the Work of Immigrant Poets in Italy. Sketches to the Theme” in “Characters in Search of the Author”: The Life of Russians in Twentieth-Century Italy. Antonella D’Amelia. Trans. from Italian A.V. Yampolskaya. Moscow: Russky Put’, 2011. In Russ.